Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodbye Summer...

I know... I lied. I said I would post more often then I did while I was enjoying my summer, and honestly nothing was stopping me other than pure laziness.. SO here is an update, in brief, on how my summer went.

The Boeing internship was a GREAT experience. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better 13-week summer job that taught me a LOT about my strengths, interests, and potential after college. I am currently waiting to hear if I got accepted into a challenging and competitive rotational program that Boeing offers for its new college hires, but I won't find out until end of September so I will for sure keep you all updated :)

Other than work I had a great time catching up with old friends, visiting (and living) with family and being just 5 minutes from downtown Seattle.. basically the perfect setup if you ask me! Still, something was always missing, and as ridiculous as it sounds, I.missed.Pullman. I couldn't WAIT to get back! So here I am just a week into school, and already filling up my schedule and loving it... UPDATES since being back:

-Yes, I'm still living with 5 guys.. quite the experience. The only real issue is cleanliness but as "house mom" I'm working on that problem.. I'm sure an entertaining post on the topic is to come.

-ALPHA PHI RECRUITED 36 AMAZING NEW FRESHMAN! Yay! That is SUCH a big pledge class but formal recruitment for WSU sororities was at a record high in numbers this year so everyone benefited. Go A-phi!

-My business fraternity Delta Sigma Pi is recruiting like mad and has a week left before deciding on what 15 or so business majors are to join our chapter.. VERY exciting stuff for me, as I'm still getting used to being president!

-WSU had its first football game with its new team and new coach in Seattle this weekend, and sadly it was the first Seattle game that I watched us lose... Still, I'm hopeful for at least a 5-win season with this new team and think an upset or two will make it fun!

Long post, but lots of info... you can all thank Labor Day and my procrastination from painting my room for this post... but I *promise* that I will write more often AND add some pictures in the next week or so :) But YAY for being back in Pullman! I honestly can't wait to see what this last year brings... GO COUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment